Website Accessibility Statement
NU HOTEL WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Accessibility Statement Nu Hotel (sometimes hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is dedicated to providing exceptional service to guests of all abilities. We strive to provide online content that provides an excellent user experience for visitors of all abilities, using any type of assistive technology to access the website.
We base our website accessibility standards on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, level A + AA success criteria. In addition, we actively work to maintain, assess and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through training of our personnel, engagement of experts and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY COMPLIANCE GUIDELINES AND GOALS
We follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines, which are in line with our philosophy of promoting usability for people of all abilities. In accordance with WCAG 2.1 AA-Level Compliance, our website strives to meet four core principles known by the acronym POUR.
Perceivable. This includes providing alternatives to non-text content and alternatives to time-based media.
Operable. We ensure the website is compatible with users’ browsing methods.
Understandable. Our content and information on all amenities are provided in a clear, concise way that avoids ambiguity.
Robust. A wide range of technologies can be used to access our site content.
CONTINUOUS DIGITAL MONITORING
Our site undergoes real-time monitoring and multiple scans per day to detect any accessibility errors that may arise due to the addition of updated content or website code. The site is continually evaluated using accessibility monitoring tools and assistive technology.
Our team of accessibility experts manually investigates each error that may appear and applies an appropriate remedy in order to ensure the site’s functionality is available to the most diverse range of users possible. Data results of scans are recorded in long-term logs so that we are able to access a snapshot of the accessibility score of the website at any given time.
WE WELCOME FEEDBACK
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our websites or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are listening. Please contact us at email@example.com with a description of the issue you encountered and your contact information. Your experience matters to us.
The NU Hotel website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook and Youtube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities, and services. These third-party sites may have accessibility issues that are beyond our control. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram.
ACCESSIBLE FEATURES AND AMENITIES
NU Hotel is compliant with the ADA (Department of Justice ADA Title III Regulation 28 CFR Part 36, 1991). We welcome guests of all abilities. Our property descriptions aim to allow any visitor to make an informed decision on whether the hotel is an appropriate choice for their needs.
NU HOTEL ON-SITE FACILITIES
Parking is available at a nearby garage. For more information please view our Parking and Directions Page.
- The hotel is non-smoking
- Main entrance is wide enough for wheelchair entry but is not fully automatic
- The hotel is accessible by wheelchair, there are no steps or inclines
- Elevators have access to each floor
- Washroom on the first floor is accessible with ample space to move about with a wheelchair
- Washroom on the first floor has grab bars behind the toilets
- Breakfast attendants can assist with necessary accommodation during breakfast for guests with disabilities
- The lobby includes tables that can be accessed by wheelchair
- Large doorways and ample space for wheelchair to easily move about and space to move easily to the washroom
- Telephones are located next to the bed and reachable
- Telephone is adaptable for persons with hearing disabilities
- Visual, flashing fire alarms are equipped in accessible rooms in case of fire
- Accessible rooms have roll-in showers in the bathroom
- Showers seats are available upon request
- Shower seats are available upon request
- Shower has a reachable hand-held shower head
- Showers are equipped with grab bars
- Showers and tubs are equipped with non-slip surfaces
- Toilet seats are 17” high and have grab bars behind and on the side
- Bathroom sink is lowered with ability for wheelchair to fit underneath
- ADA KITs are provided to guests with disability
View our mobility accessible room here.