NU Hotel Brooklyn is proud to be a sponsor and the preferred hotel for the record-breaking exhibition, David Bowie is at the Brooklyn Museum. The showing at the Brooklyn Museum will be the final stop for the touring exhibition, which started in 2013 at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
This high-tech show, featuring wireless headphones and geo-position technology, showcases an extensive collection of artifacts, artwork, music and videos from David Bowie’s revolutionary career. Including with over 400 objects from the David Bowie Archive, this is a rare opportunity for an intimate look at the musician’s career.
The exhibition will reside at the Brooklyn Museum from March 2 – July 15, 2018.
Tickets: NU Hotel Brooklyn will feature special Bowie packages, art, pop-ups and events throughout the exhibition period. Contact the front desk to purchase exclusive ‘Lightning Bolt’ tickets for NU Hotel guests, which allow for non-timed entry on a specific day. All tickets include Sennheiser headphones for a complete audiovisual experience.View Room + Tickets Packages
Visiting the Exhibit:
NU Hotel is an easy subway ride, taxi or bike ride away from Brooklyn Museum.
Already have tickets?
Stay at NU Hotel the preferred hotel for the David Bowie is exhibit. Reserve your room in Brooklyn’s original boutique hotel. View our Bowie-Inspired Mural Room here.
Exhibit Highlights include:
- Over 60 custom-made performance costumes, including those designed for Ziggy Stardust / 1980 Floor Show and Aladdin Sane
- 85 handwritten lyric sheets, including those from “Fame” and “Fashion”
- Drawings and sketches by Bowie including a the sketch for the Young Americans album cover
- Oil paintings by Bowie including two of musician Iggy Pop
- Over 40 pioneering music videos, television clips, films and a multimedia presentation of international tour footage
- A custom audio mix by Tony Visconti, longtime collaborator
Brooklyn Museum Hours:
Wednesday: 11 am–6 pm
Thursday: 11 am–10 pm
Friday: 11 am–6 pm
Saturday: 11 am–6 pm
Sunday: 11 am–6 pm
First Saturday of the month (except September): 11 am–11 pm